Leadership Experiment Update 1

It's been a few weeks since I started posting questions along with software leadership articles and I think I've learned a few things along the way. What follows is a brief list of things I've noticed:
  • People respond more to simpler and shorter questions.
  • Citing quotes from the article often doesn't illicit any more response than just a question without a quote.
  • It's okay to ask questions you already think you know the answer to.
  • Internalizing the content and applying it to the situation at work often sparks more discussion
  • So far I've posted questions and refrained from offering my point of view. This has had mediocre success. I'm going to start posting my thoughts to at least one question going forward to see if that prompts more discussion.
  • There has been one other person who has shared an article in that channel in Slack which hopefully means that at least one other person finds the channel valuable and they're comfortable enough sharing thoughts in it.
That's it for this update. I'll make slight tweaks and see how it goes going forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Common Technical Lead Pitfall

Maze Generation in JavaScript

Leadership Experiment Update 2